Work for us
Welcome to the JustDifferent recruitment page
This is the place to find information you need to apply for a position at JustDifferent.
We believe JustDifferent is a great place to work for our staff.
We’re committed to employing bright, talented and passionate people.
Everyone who works for us is crucial to our success and learning and development plays a central role in how we work.
Every individual is encouraged and supported to develop themselves to achieve their full potential.
Responsible to: Operations and Fundraising Manager
Salary: £10.00 – £14.00 per hour depending on experience.
Hours: 30 hours per week – term time only.
1. Main Purpose of Job:
To develop other sources of income in accordance with the Strategy, Business and Operational Plans.
2. Position in Organisation:
Reports to the Operations and Fundraising Manager. Works closely with all other members of the team, as required.
3. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Account Management and Development
To contribute to the development, implementation and management of a wide range of relationship-building initiatives in conjunction with the Operations and Fundraising Manager.
To represent JustDifferent to supporters and prospects in face-to-face meetings in writing, by telephone and at events etc.
To organise site visits for donors and supporters, where appropriate – and to represent JustDifferent at such meetings. To accompany the Chief Executive and Operations and Fundraising Manager to such meetings when required.
To assist the Operations and Fundraising Manager in the management of a varied portfolio of existing supporters of JustDifferent aiming to maintain and increase their support.
To create compelling and imaginative proposals for funding for JustDifferent’s work.
To develop effective relationships with key internal staff to ensure effective, timely and professional approaches and reporting.
Record keeping and administration
To help maintain accurate income records and detailed records of all approaches to trusts and foundations and all donors/supporters.
To manage all own personal correspondence including thank you letters.
To assist with the smooth running of the team’s systems and processes recommending and implementing improvements where necessary.
To regularly research and review the giving criteria and patterns of existing and potential supporters to identify the best prospects and ensure all opportunities for generating income are maximised.
To contribute to the monitoring and review of income from the JustDifferent trust portfolio suggesting and taking action where appropriate.
To contribute to the overall, ongoing and annual planning and budgeting.
4. Other Duties
To attend and contribute constructively to team meetings and other meetings as required.
To positively promote the work and activities of JustDifferent at all times.
To attend events organised by JustDifferent outside of normal working hours.
To ensure that all supporters are valued.
To keep up to date with best practice in fundraising and comply with relevant legislation and regulation and to work within the organisation’s policies and procedures, and ensure that good practice is observed.
To undertake any other reasonable activity in line with the responsibilities of the post as requested by the Chief Executive.
5. Person Specification
All of the following requirements are essential except where stated and will be assessed from a combination of information provided from your CV, covering letter, interviews and references.
- Minimum of three years fundraising experience
- Excellent written English (including grammar, spelling, creative writing)
- Excellent organisational skills, involving planning, prioritising and proven ability to manage several projects simultaneously, bringing each to completion on time
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Excellent research and numeracy skills
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to communicate confidently and appropriately with people at different levels
- Ability to identify and maximise funding opportunities
- Ability to use own initiative without close supervision
- Ability to organise own workload, set own work priorities and adopt a problem solving approach to work
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
- Ability to analyse financial information and present it in an accessible format
- Ability to think laterally and creatively to make a positive contribution to the strategic direction of the fundraising team
- Understanding of the voluntary sector or a commitment to it is desirable
- Knowledge of fundraising from trusts and foundations is desirable
- Educated to at least A Level and Maths and English at GCSE/O Level
Posted – January 2017
Volunteer for us
Lots of people help us by volunteering - in many different ways. For example Toby and Sam Laws are volunteer Workshop Coordinators and Presenters.
Our Trustees are of course volunteers.
And some people help us with fundraising and work in our office.
If you want to help us by volunteering please let us know what skills you can bring along to help us in our work.